Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Recital



Every once in a while, I get up the gumption (or is it chutzpah?) to put on a recital. The purpose is to inflict my playing on others, mainly so they can see just how hard it is to get good at piano. After all, I've taken lessons for ten years, and look where it's gotten me! Don't forget the Ambrose Bierce definition (from Devil's Dictionary) of a piano:

PIANO, n. A parlor utensil for subduing the impenitent visitor. It is operated by pressing the keys of the machine and the spirits of the audience.

Anyway, if anyone in the blogging world is interested in seeing it (a long shot, perhaps), here's the info:

Adrian C. Keister
In Concert

Original Works

Friday, October 27th, 2006
8:00pm

Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church
2101 Shadow Lake Road
Blacksburg, VA 24060

Program:

Church Suite No. 1

Piano Sonata No. 2

Present Life Melodies


In Christ.


 
Visit Math Help Boards for friendly, free and expert math help.

9 Comments:

At 10/13/2006 06:21:00 AM , Blogger Susan said...

I like that definition of the piano :). Quite amusing. Is it possible that you will be recording (sound or video) your recital? I would very much like to hear it.

 
At 10/13/2006 07:07:00 AM , Blogger Miriam N. said...

That is a funny definition for the piano. I've made my family listen to my bangings for the last 8 years!

Hope your concert goes well.

 
At 10/16/2006 04:46:00 PM , Blogger Adrian C. Keister said...

Thank you, all, for your encouragement. I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

And Susan, I'll try to record it if I can. Perhaps you could give me your address in order to mail you the CD. Eh?

In Christ.

 
At 10/17/2006 10:56:00 AM , Blogger Susan said...

Thank you for looking into recording it! I'd really like to hear it if you can work it out sometime. I'll e-mail you my address. I'd prefer not to publish it online. Call me paranoid ;).

 
At 10/17/2006 10:57:00 AM , Blogger Susan said...

I meant work it out somehow. . .

 
At 10/17/2006 06:07:00 PM , Blogger Adrian C. Keister said...

Oh, I was rather expecting that if you did send me your address, it would be private. You're not being paranoid in the slightest. Thanks for it, by the way. If I can manage to get it recorded, then, Lord willing, you shall have a copy.

In Christ.

 
At 10/20/2006 05:04:00 PM , Blogger Susan said...

I appreciate the effort :). Shall we TIOC here?

 
At 10/23/2006 08:10:00 PM , Blogger Adrian C. Keister said...

Sure.

In Christ.

 
At 11/07/2006 11:17:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very impressive recital, Adrian. (Are you sure there weren't more than two hands on that piano at times??)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home