Wednesday, January 17, 2007

USB Keys



I'm one of those people that has a USB key. I have two, actually, one is 128 MB, and the other is 1 GB. I discovered something disconcerting recently, and that is that every single document I have ever created in the whole course of my life could fit neatly onto one USB key (perhaps the larger one). Those things are tiny! It was a very humbling experience to see how, practically, all of our life is but dust, and not very much of that.

In Christ.


 
Visit Math Help Boards for friendly, free and expert math help.

4 Comments:

At 1/18/2007 06:43:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminded me of Psalm 8: 3-4:
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?

 
At 1/18/2007 10:45:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very good point!!! I am guessing though, that you don't take many pictures! =) Or do you consider that making a document?
Grace

 
At 1/22/2007 11:06:00 PM , Blogger Eltinwe said...

The other thing that comes to mind is a proverb (I'm too lazy to look it up, though) which says "Of the making of books there will be no end." And another which says "there is nothing new under the sun." You see, you may not have produced much, but the fact is even the most prolific producers still ultimately produce nothing new. Writing, as godly as it may be, is NOT an end in itself.

 
At 1/26/2007 10:57:00 PM , Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for the reality check, Adrian.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home